Learning Ally's 56th annual National Achievement Awards
will be held in Denver, CO on April 9th, 2016. Each year, we honor high school and college students who excel in school while overcoming challenges of print disabilities, like dyslexia or visual impairments.
You can watch videos of our past winners here.
As part of our celebration weekend
, we're hosting a fun day
of family-oriented activities on Saturday, April 9th! These events are open to ALL
dyslexic, learning disabled, blind or visually-impaired students and their families to get information and resources, and to recognize their strengths and build self-confidence.
STUDENT SUCCESS CELEBRATION
HISTORY COLORADO CENTER
SATURDAY, APRIL 9
9:30am - 1:00pm
The day will include:
- VOICE-OVER CAMP led by professional voice-over artist Lisa Biggs, including an opportunity to record and share your own story.
- COLLEGE SUCCESS PROGRAM presentation for blind or visually-impaired college students.
- ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY demonstration and interaction presented for and by blind and dyslexic students.
- MAKING THE BOOK experience presented by our recording volunteers.
- MEET THE DYSLEXIANS a play written and performed by the Colorado Learning Ally YES! Ambassadors for dyslexic students to know they are not alone.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Admission to History Colorado Center is included.
- Find directions and parking information here.
- Adults must stay with children for the duration of the event.