Strategic Account Relationship Manager
Position: Strategic Account Relationship Manager
Department: School & Student Success
Reports to: Director, School Operations
Position Type: Regular Full Time, Exempt
Purpose of the Position:
Act in a consultative manner by collaborating with the appropriate LA team members to maintain and expand the relationship of our strategically significant premier member accounts. Represent the entire range of company products and services to assigned members, while leading the member account planning cycle and ensuring the members’ needs and expectations are met. Deliver a school and student member experience that engages teachers, administrators, and students leading to high utilization of Learning Ally services, high member satisfaction levels, and renewal rates. Achieve relationship sales quotas and assigned account objectives for strategic account members. For all assigned accounts, develop a deeper understanding of the needs of our members; develop highly effective relationships with the key stakeholders; and successfully communicate Learning Ally’s value proposition throughout the implementation and account management process. Ultimately, identify valuable partners within our members that will act as champions extolling the benefits of Learning Ally to other interested parties.
Primary Position Objectives:
1. Identify and develop key relationships needed in premier accounts within assigned territories to drive high member satisfaction and discover unmet needs. Leverage relationships across the territory and share feedback on unmet needs with School & Student Success, Sales, Marketing and Product Development.
2. Create a detailed strategic territory plan for premier accounts that define the member relationship, their objectives, challenges, and action plans necessary to achieve member and organizational success.
3. Serve in a consultative role to our premier members, advising their top leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives. Proactively inform members of industry and geographical developments, trends, or firm thought leadership. Develop core expertise on competitor offerings and members' business environment.
4. Achieve organic and incremental growth (revenue, service) as part of a larger account strategy so that the goals of high utilization of services, full revenue recognition and client retention are met. Manage the relationship’s overall profitability.
5. Keep abreast of all premier member account activity occurring within other LA departments while conducting frequent and regular check-ins with the accounts, ensuring their continued satisfaction and engagement with our services and offerings.
6. Collaborate with other Managers in School and Student Success, Member Success, and the Marketing and Sales teams to design and deliver a member experience successfully implementing new and renewing premier members each year. This includes identifying the combination of online and offline communications, in person and web-enabled contacts, and conference participation in strategic geographies to ensure the benefits of LA services are widely adopted within an account.
7. Lead the account renewal process for premier accounts, ensuring appropriate communications take place in a timely manner, account needs are understood, performance updates are provided along with support in the development of new membership growth opportunities.
8. Utilize Customer Response Modules and tracking databases to create and maintain records of all contacts and activities, and ensure accurate documentation of the relationship status. Responsible for the monitoring and updating of all landing pages within geographic area, liaising with Marketing as necessary.
9. Direct the strategic internal and external stakeholder review sessions discussing the overall health of Learning Ally’s premier accounts. Clearly communicate monthly/quarterly/annual progress reports tracking all aspects of the account’s utilization, revenues, support metrics and potential for additional services.
10. Act as the key liaison for our premier accounts to assist with high-level severity requests or escalation issues. Be the voice of our members working with internal resources identifying system or process improvements leading to the overall high satisfaction, renewal, upsell and referral of our members.
11. Provide direction and guidance to School and Student Success Managers focusing on understanding how developing the proper account geographical strategy and tactical implementation plan leads to the achievement of our members’ success.
12. Represent Learning Ally, as needed, by attending conferences, FD events, donor cultivation meetings and other organizational meetings/events.
Bachelor degree, MBA (Education a plus) or equivalent (including demonstrated job experience)
Minimum 10 years sales and strategic account management experience
Experience with educational market and project management a strong plus
Proven track record of achieving business and performance objectives
Strong team building, teamwork, and collaboration skills
Excellent listening, presentation and training skills
Excellent oral & written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the account, including administrators, executives and C-level personnel
Strong sales aptitude and is also persistent and assertive
Have experience in leading negotiations with strategic clients
Firm grasp of Miller Heiman; or other certified account management methodology
PC literate with strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Ability to accurately run searches and reports via NetSuite
Self-starter with demonstrated effectiveness in a multi-tasking and collaborative environment
Ability to think outside the box to uncover non-traditional solutions
Requires travel (local and out of state) as needed