Financial Development (FD) Manager
Location: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Director, Engagement Marketing
Email Resume to:
The Financial Development Manager is a critical role in the organization. He/she will be responsible for donor development of individual contributors with specific accountability for the development and execution of Learning Ally's annual giving program ($900,000) and Planned Giving programs ($1,100,000). Key areas of focus include:
- Serving as a principal writer and content developer for a wide variety of FD projects, including overarching message architecture, campaigns, case material, presentations, scripts, reports, correspondence, promotional materials, stewardship resources, and web content to support a diverse array of development and organizational goals.
- Assume lead in direct project management for assigned activities, including but not limited to: webinars, events, receptions and priority programs - from organizational stage through implementation and evaluation phase.
- Work with the Major Gifts team to increase annual donors to major gifts. Reach out to annual donors who have potential to cultivate them up to initial 4 - low 5 figure gifts.
- Working with various organizational teams to ensure the necessary data capture and tracking of constituent behaviors across the organization for use and application in advancing relationships, foster engagement, advocacy, and philanthropic interests as well as growth in constituent life time value.
- Manage planned gift expectancies and associated bequest administration, specifically facilitating routine contact with known gift expectancies, trust officers, and attorneys executing donor estate plans.
- Secure unrestricted sponsorship income and directly manage non-foundation business donors and organization relationships (i.e. Lions Clubs), and donor designation campaigns (i.e. CFC, UW).
- Conduct review and annual update of content on all third-party charity watchdog sites, i.e. Guidestar, Charity Navigator, Better Business Bureau, Crowdrise, and Justgive.
- Ensure system design and planning to enable full coordination of complex schedule of contact/communications to build and strengthen relationships with constituents of all types and segments to ensure strategic segmentation and approaches.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Bachelor's degree required, Business Administration or Public Administration. MBA desired.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in nonprofit fund raising required.
- Extensive experience with individual giving program management and donor development a must.
- Donor Management, Raiser's Edge system experience a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience is required.
- Proven experience in managing, developing, coaching, and motivating staff.
- Ability to foster an environment of positive teamwork.
- Extensive multi-channel fund raising and marketing experience: relationship development, solicitation and stewardship content creation, online marketing, print, videos, and personal constituent/donor contact.
- Demonstrated strength in the following competencies:
- Communication Skills: written and oral
- Data application, systems, and analysis
- Customer Focus
- Innovation Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Listening Skills
- Developing Direct Reports
Less than 15%
Learning Ally Benefits:
- Medical Insurance Benefits (Cigna Health Savings Account)
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance Benefits
- 401k Plan – With Organizational Matching program
- Generous PTO Policies per calendar year