Introducing Excite Reading™
Bridge the gap between decoding and reading comprehension with a rich e-library of authentic literature.
Today's students are entering school with more diverse reading readiness and less exposure to words and books. These emerging readers need
help beyond decoding, such as vocabulary and background knowledge, to be able to read with true comprehension.
Excite Reading™, a part of the Whole Child Literacy System™, develops vocabulary and background
knowledge while putting the whole child at the center of instruction.
This supplemental program for grades PreK-2 addresses diverse reading readiness through
- a library of rich, engaging e-books
- themes that explore gardens, insects, music and more
- carefully designed lessons that holistically build vocabulary and background knowledge
- activities creating context to deepen comprehension
- family connections to extend learning at home
- support for social emotional learning