by Terrie Noland, CALP, Vice President of Educator Initiatives
Whether your students are learning from home, in the classroom, or some combination of the two, turn their reading into a school competition with audiobook titles they'll love. Students using the Learning Ally Audiobook Solution download and read selected books to participate in a fun, bracket-style competition, and then vote on their favorites.
Here's how to get started:
1. Print off a bracket for each participating student.
2. Make a bulletin board or large poster of the bracket.
3. Students read the books that face off against each other.
4. Select dates for students to cast their votes by.
5. Students can read and vote on as many pairs as they would like.
6. Continue until a final book has been named the champion!
7. Have all students read the champion title!
Choose from the brackets below or create your own.
Elementary School (K-2)
Elementary School (3rd - 5th grade)
Log in to give your students access to our extensive library of audiobooks so they can be ready to vote on the champion during March Book Madness! Try other Spring into Reading fun for engaging strategies to help your students reach goals and win prizes! Share your activities and learn from others using #SpringIntoReading and tagging @Learning_Ally.
Spring into reading wherever your students are learning with the Learning Ally Audiobook Solution!
The Learning Ally Audiobook Solution is our award-winning reading accommodation used in more than 18,500 schools to help students with reading deficits succeed. Composed of high quality, human-read audiobooks and a suite of teacher resources to monitor and support student progress, it is designed to turn struggling readers into engaged learners.
Learn how you can transform the lives of your struggling readers. Call 800-221-1098 or email programs@LearningAlly.org.