Volunteer Nation Coordinator
Location: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Volunteer Virtual Community Engagement Manager
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Learning Ally--a non-profit education solutions company dedicated to improving the lives of struggling learners at school, home, and in their lives-- began 70 years ago as Recording for the Blind with a mission to provide access to books for those who were blind or visually impaired. With a history of evolving that initial mission to serve even more readers and learners, Learning Ally continues to grow its vision and solution offerings.
Our solutions are currently in over 20,000 schools nationwide. We are passionate about growth, both internally and for the educators and students we serve. Our partnerships with world-renowned researchers at institutions like UC San Francisco and MIT are allowing us to develop new ground-breaking solutions that allow for early identification of literacy challenges, as well as cognitive strengths and weaknesses of students. We believe we can fundamentally change the way education works for the over 60% of students who are currently struggling by understanding how students learn and developing educational solutions to meet the needs of students.
Purpose of Position:
Reporting directly to the Volunteer Virtual Community Engagement Manager, the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to attract, engage, and retain volunteers to join and engage in our growing Virtual Learning Ally Volunteer Community, also known as Volunteer Nation
Primary Position Objectives:
- Recruitment, retention, and recognition of the Learning Ally Volunteer Nation. This will involve supporting and working in conjunction with volunteers, audiobook production team members and Volunteer Nation Team members.
- Help design and build a strategic and targeted recruiting process aligned with Learning Ally's growth goals
- Create and manage content for our Volunteer Portal, blog and social media platforms necessary to connect and support a growing virtual volunteer community.
- Lead the recognition strategy while generating and implementing new ideas for volunteer recognition
- Lead virtual volunteer orientations and ongoing webinars
- Partner and help lead the national fundraising campaign for volunteers in the Spring.
- Provide administrative support for the implementation of volunteer activities and events, including but not limited to: Assist in the logistical implementation of physical and virtual volunteer events, Learning Ally Student Success events, etc.
- Support the creation of partnerships with private companies for employee volunteer engagement events as well as community partners for volunteer recruitment.
- Manage LA internal data maintenance policies for our Volunteer Nation.
- Track volunteer impact while finding innovative ways for them to support Learning Ally’s mission
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 2+ years of administrative support experience within a fast-paced, innovative environment working both autonomously and as part of a collaborative team.
- Experience in recruiting, training, and evaluating new volunteers a plus
- Must demonstrate a passion for Learning Ally’s mission
- Ability to cultivate relationships that derivate into potential partnerships
- Initiative to create new ways of working and the ability to try new approaches and solutions to problems
- A self-starter who has demonstrated experience juggling many projects/deals simultaneously.
- Ability to engage and cultivate online communities using social media technologies and practices
- Excellent presentation, oral & written communication skills with the ability to communicate openly, honestly and respectfully.
- Experience in planning and scheduling
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams. Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Capable of delivering exceptional internal and external customer service
- Demonstrated good judgment, attention to detail and follow-through
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Google Docs, and experience with database software
Learning Ally Culture:
- Constant collaboration with different teams
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting struggling learners succeed
Learning Ally Benefits:
- Medical Insurance Benefits (Cigna)
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance Benefits
- 401k Plan – With Organizational Matching program
- Generous PTO Policies per calendar year