Inside Sales Representative
Department: Education Solutions
Location: Princeton, NJ or remote
Reports to: Sales Manager
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) position is directly responsible for selling Learning Ally’s memberships to assist students that have difficulty with the printed word. This includes the world’s largest collection of human-narrated audio textbooks and literature as well as solutions, support and community for parents, teachers and students. Learning Ally targets the K-12 special education market.
The ISR is also responsible for qualifying prospects and existing customers to determine their need and interest level in Learning Ally’s services. This individual will have a track record of exceeding sales quotas in an ISR position. Methods of customer contact will be inbound and outbound phone, fax, Join.me, and e-mail.
- Receive inbound calls from customers and prospects to close revenue.
- Outbound calling of customers and prospects to close revenue.
- Utilize social media vehicles to access specific individuals in a prospect/customer’s buying process.
- Qualify prospects using a defined Sales Process.
- Assess prospect’s needs and recommend most suitable membership and service offering.
- Evaluate Learning Ally’s service offering against customer's need, budget and competitors' offerings.
- Utilize NetSuite to manage day-to-day activities and update management of such activity through system generated activity reports.
- Process all membership registrations and service orders accurately pursuant to Learning Ally’s service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all of Learning Ally’s services and sales tools.
- Meet or exceed management defined activity and revenue goals.
- Demonstrate focused daily activity.
College degree, BA preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years proven inside sales/telesales experience with a minimum $500K annual quota.
- Education market sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Telephone cold calling experience required (minimum of 50 to 75 dials per day).
- Demonstrable knowledge of social selling.
- Superior telephone skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrable computer knowledge required.
May need to travel to Princeton, NJ a few times per year for training.