Department: Customer Care
Location: Princeton, NJ
Email Resume to:
Purpose of Position:
As the first point of contact for customers seeking general and technical support with Learning Ally solutions, the Customer Care Associate’s engagement with the customer impacts the growth and success of the organization. The Associate:
- Provides empathetic, efficient, and effective support to customers via phone, email, and other electronic communications.
- Engages with the customer to clearly identify their needs and deliver timely solutions. The Associate encourages schools to add students, add books, and increase students reading with frequency.
- Enhances the reputation of Learning Ally, improving the likelihood of referral of our services to others.
- Contributes to the success of the organization as a whole by proactively identifying process improvements and playing a role in implementing them, managing competing priorities to focus on the goals of the organization, and using every opportunity with our customers to increase engagement.
Primary Position Objectives:
- Respond efficiently and effectively to customer inquiries and maintain high customer satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
- Go the extra mile to engage customers - Use consultative sales skills to communicate the value and benefits of Learning Ally that best match the needs of our customers
- Use problem solving skills and available resources to troubleshoot technical issues with Learning Ally account or Link reading application, escalating to IT as needed and following through to resolution.
- Process applications, certifications and payments; and follow up on missing documentation as needed. Ensure the integrity of member data entered into NetSuite thereby providing accurate source data for all departments.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and willingness & passion for customer service
- Drive and initiative to prioritize and self manage time effectively
- Strong phone contact handling skills, with excellent active listening, patience, and problem solving skills
- Ability to type/talk at the same time toggle between multiple screens and enter and maintain accurate customer records
- Experience with Call Center phone and case management systems
- Solid verbal and written communication, relationship building and collaboration skills
- Associates level or above preferred
A minimum of 2 years of contact center/customer service support experience preferred and experience in the education field and/or volunteer experience is a plus!
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) & Google Apps
- General operating knowledge of Windows and Mac, plus multiple browser types, Android, iOS, Chrome book
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This position profile identified the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Work Hours:Flexibility to cover hours of operation 8:30am-6:00pm
Learning Ally Benefits:
- Medical Insurance Benefits (Cigna Health Savings Account)
- Dental & Vision benefits
- Short-term and Long-term disabilities benefits
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance Benefits
- 401k Plan – With Organizational Matching program
- Generous PTO Policies per calendar year